Cellulaze Cellulite Elimination: Finally, a real solution to cellulite
The Cellulaze™ Cellulite Laser Workstation is a revolutionary minimally invasive device designed to reduce the appearance of cellulite long term. Using advanced SideLaze 3D® technology, Cellulaze releases areas of skin depression and increases elasticity and thickness of the skin. And unlike other non-invasive treatments that merely provide temporary treatment, Cellulaze offers long-term results in just one session.
Cellulite is caused by several physiological changes that occur as women age. These changes include a) undulations caused by hardening of the tissue underneath the skin, b) an increase in the number and/or size of the fat cells pushing up through the tissue beneath the skin and c) the stretching of connective tissue under the skin as a result of weight gain or aging. These changes cause herniations and depressions within the skin, creating the unsightly dimples we know as cellulite.
How It works
Addresses all components of Cellulite, essentially “attacking” cellulite at it’s source.
What to Expect the Day of Your Procedure:
- You will arrive approximately 1 hour prior to the start of the procedure to complete our preoperative process. Gina Ferruzza, our Director of Patient Care and Surgical Assistant to Dr. Miller will greet you and guide you through the process. You will be given a mild sedative and pain medication to ensure you are comfortable throughout the process.
- You will meet with Dr. Miller and he will mark the areas where the procedure will be performed.
- After you are feeling comfortable from the medications, Ms. Ferruzza will escort you to our private procedure room and allow you to rest on our heated treatment bed. She will ensure you are absolutely comfortable then and throughout the procedure.
- The area to be treated will be “prepped” using a sterilization liquid.
- Dr. Miller will then numb small areas where he will make very small openings in the skin.
- The area is then numbed with local anesthesia. Patients report this as being a weird feeling and sometimes report mild to moderate discomfort while the area is being numbed.
- After the numbing solution is in, you should not experience any discomfort.
- The laser is placed in the openings and Dr. Miller follows the FDA-cleared protocol for Cellulaze.
- Each treatment area typically takes 45 minutes to complete.
- After administration of the laser energy, Ms. Ferruzza will “roll” the fluid out of the areas to minimize the amount of drainage in the first 24 hours.
- She will help you into your compression garment which looks and feels like heavy-duty panty hose.
What to expect after your procedure:
- In the first 24 hours: Immediately after your procedure, you need to have someone take you home, or if you are traveling from afar, to a local hotel. You can expect to have quite a bit of drainage in the first 24 hours, but this usually stops within 12 hours. You may have some discomfort the evening of the procedure, but most patients require only Tylenol after 24 hours.
- In the first week: You will likely experience some swelling in the area treated, and about half of patients experience bruising. (In the past year, we have seen a dramatic decrease in the frequency and severity of bruising since Dr. Miller implemented a variation of the technique.) You should be able to return to your normal activities within 2 – 3 days after the procedure, but you should avoid any heavy lifting or strenuous exercise during this time. The incisions will close and heal within the first week. During this time, it is important to keep all incision areas covered with antibiotic ointment to prevent infection.
- After 10 Days: The compression garment can be removed; however, we recommend wearing compression while exercising. You may find it provides you some comfort during activities.
- First six months: Because results of Cellulaze require some time to develop, we recommend looking at the area for results everyday. You may begin to see results at 3 months, but most patients begin to see results at 6 to 8 months. But remember, most results only get better with time, so be patient, and don’t forget to call Dr. Miller if you have any concerns or questions after your procedure.
Please contact us for your free, complimentary consultation with Dr. Miller to see if this treatment is right for you!
More About Cellulaze™
See what our patients had to say about their Cellulaze treatment at Renewal Body Contouring.